Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Tips for Organizing Your Closet!

So today I decided to go through and re-organize my closet!  I have to admit, it took me a couple hours to do.  My closet isn't small but it also isn't that big..  I mean, what girl wouldn't say that she would LOVE to have a bigger closet!

 Well here are a couple pictures and tips for you..

  Lets start off with our shoes..  I like to arrange my shoes in a way where they're easy to get to and to see.  By placing them in a way where I can see both the front of the shoe and also the heel, helps me to get the shoe that I need without having to make a mess or search for them..  I also try to place them according to category; open toe, flats, heels, flip flops, boots ect.  The shelves above these house my boots and flip flops, in case you were wondering!  :)

Ok now lets work on our jeans..


Shelves are a perfect home for our jeans.  I like to place my jeans by categories.  Doing this helps me find what I'm looking for much faster and easier.  Here I have my jean skirts and other types of (non-dressy) skirts all in one pile.  Next I have all my flare and book cut jeans, next are my skinny jeans and lastly I have all my jean shorts.  As you can probably see my shelf is located above the bar where I hang my clothes.  Your shelves may be in another area of your closet.
Another item of clothing that shelves are awesome for are sweaters!  I usually hang mine, but there are a few that I also fold and place on a shelf.  

Now lets work on our clothes that we hang..


I like to hang my clothes according to seasons..  As you can probably see, to the far left are my winter clothes, then as we move toward the right, I have my fall, spring and finally summer.  This works for me!  It helps me focus on a certain section and helps me to find what I'm looking for much faster!  Maximize your closet space by placing a chest or dresser in there to store you pj's and other folded items..

Last but definitely not least..  My purses and hand bags..


I'm currently trying to think of a different way of displaying my purses and hand bags..  But for now, this is what I got going on!  I have them all on a shelf above another pole..  It works because I can see them, but I'm looking to find a way to store them and also display them at the same time.
As soon as I figure this out, I will post pics and show you all!  :)

The final and most important tip I can give you is to de-clutter!
Get rid of anything that you haven't worn in the past six months to a year!  Depending on the condition of the item, give it away, donate it, or throw it away!

Good Luck!
Jacklyn Torres :)

No comments:

Post a Comment